Established Monongalia County Law Firm Advises on Civil Matters
Morgantown attorneys handle family and administrative issues
When you have an important legal concern, an experienced attorney can provide the advantage you need to win a positive result. At Hedges & Lyons, PLLC in Morgantown, our lawyers have more than 50 years of combined experience delivering exceptional representation to West Virginia clients. We have an extensive track record in numerous types of civil litigation, including cases that relate to family and education law. In trial practice, appeals and administrative hearings, our Monongalia County firm offers authoritative counsel at affordable rates.
Knowledgeable litigators represent clients in trials and appeals
In each matter that our firm handles, attorneys John Hedges and Teresa Lyons give clients the benefit of their experience in prior law firms and judicial clerkships. Individuals and businesses we have represented recommend us because of our:
- Skillful representation — Our attorneys have vast real-world experience obtaining successful results in trial and appellate matters.
- Responsive service — We respond promptly to calls and questions so that you have the knowledge you need to make important decisions about your case.
- Individualized attention — Though we provide the same type of advocacy you see at big firms, our small office gives our lawyers the chance to work with each client personally. You can trust that your case will be handled based on your specific objectives.
Regardless of the practice area or the complexity of the issues, we are dedicated to protecting your rights.
Proven West Virginia advocates tackle various types of legal challenges
Our firm assists clients in the Monongalia County area in a wide range of legal practice areas, including:
- Civil litigation — In civil litigation, our seasoned attorneys present arguments effectively and earn favorable results in court and through skillful negotiation.
- Administrative law — We have significant experience advising companies and people on administrative law issues and representing them in federal, state and local proceedings.
- Divorce — When a marriage ends, it is crucial to safeguard your rights and the well-being of your children. We offer effective counsel on divorce and related matters so that you can move forward with confidence.
- Education law — Our firm provides comprehensive education law representation to students and parents, including strong advocacy in cases involving learning disabilities and Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).
- Appellate law — Firm lawyers have handled more than 100 state and federal appeals, including appearances as counsel of record in matters before the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
For these concerns and other legal matters, we will develop a strategic course of action that is calculated to achieve your goals.
Contact an experienced Monongalia County attorney to schedule a meeting
Hedges & Lyons, PLLC represents West Virginia clients in various types of civil litigation, including business, family and educational matters. Please call 304-296-0123 or contact us online to schedule an appointment at our Morgantown office.